Caldmore Village Festival Group presents…
Cultures of Walsall
Cultures of Walsall is a spectacular festival promoted by Caldmore Village Festival Group to celebrate Walsall’s diverse heritage.
The festival incorporates a fusion of music, dance, food and cultural activities from many of the Borough’s communities. It is a family-friendly event that includes a children’s funfair as well arts and craft activities throughout the day. Sports tournaments in cricket and football will take place to ensure there is something to suit all tastes and interests.
There is a special competition for all of the family based on discovering the different cultures of Walsall with a prize draw at 3.45pm.
Entry to the site and stage area as well as to the community tents and activities is absolutely free.
The festival this year incorporates the Caldmore Carnival Procession. If you would like to join the Carnival’s colourful parade as it makes it way through Caldmore and Palfrey on the way to the Festival site please come and join the carnival crew in Caldmore Community Garden in Carless street in Caldmore, WS1 3RH at 2.30pm. Joining in is free and everyone is welcome but children should be accompanied by adults. Come as you are, in your national dress, in carnival costume or even dressed up as you favorite character.
The Carnival procession will arrive in the park at 3.30.
It’s going to be a great day. We look forward to seeing you there!
5 A SIDE UNDER 16’S FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY 25 MAY 2013
Team Registration 1.00 P.M
VENUE: PALFREY PARK | DALE STREET | WALSALL | WS1 4AN
5 A SIDE FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT AT PALFREY PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All teams must declare their application forms by 19/05/12 which is 2 weeks prior to the tournament.
- Registration is fee per team.
- All teams must have a designated captain or team leader and must ensure that the team is within the age limit set, 13–16 year olds.
- During the tournament referees/match official decision will be final.
- Players using abusive or foul language will be penalised according to the rules set by the organisers.
- General 5 a side football rules will be used.
- All teams must register their attendance on the tournament day by 1.00 pm. Failure to register on time may incur deduction of points from group stages.
- Trainers/shin pads and appropriate clothing must be worn during the tournament to comply with Health and Safety.
- Two additional substitutes will be allowed and substitution will be on roll on basis. No restrictions on number of times players are substituted.
- Matches will be 5 minutes long. Semis & final will be 10 minutes.
All teams must adhere to any other rules imposed by match officials as seen appropriate on the day.
Ever fancied having a go at Stone Lifting? If you are aged 15 or over Caldmore Village Festival are hosting free Stone Lifting workshops every Tuesday night between 8-11pm on Chuckery Road in Walsall
For more information contact Akhlaq Hussain on 01922 642 442 or 07792 221786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you strong enough???
Caldmore Village Festival proudly presents The Walsall Mela – Sunday 22 May 2011, 11am-8pm @ Walsall Rugby Club Delves Road, Walsall.
Stonelifting, Kabaddi, Beeni (or Arm Wrestling), Bench Press, Tug of War, Volleyball and Darts.