This year the Cultures of Walsall will play host to a range of sporting activities including a range of family friendly sports provided by Active Streets and a very special young persons sports tournament organized by BMYG and funded by Walsall Council.
Apart the the more traditional sports such as Cricket and Football, there will be a range of inclusive activities including Tai Chi, Zumba and guided bike rides. For those who fancy a little bit of friendly competition people of all ages will be invited to participate in badminton, giant Jenga and archery as well as a three legged race and an egg and spoon race. So make sure you get there early and come and have a go at some healthy and fun activities!
The Walsall Mela
Under 19s 7-a-side cricket tournament
Under 19’s 6-aside football tournament
Sunday 30 August 2015
Team Registration 12.00 PM
The tournaments are free to enter
All teams must declare their application forms by 28/08/15
6 a side football/cricket tournament at palfrey park
Rules and regulations
- All teams must declare their application forms by 23/08/15
- Registration is free per team.Cricket Rules will be explained on the day or contact Rizwan below.
- All teams must have a designated captain or team leader and must ensure that the team is within the age limit set under 19 year olds.
- During the tournament referees/match official decision will be final.
- Players using abusive or foul language will be penalized according to the rules set by the organizers.
- General 5 a side football rules will be used for football, Cricket rules will be explained on the day.
- All teams must register their attendance on the tournament day by 12.00pm. Failure to register on time may incur deduction of points from group stages.
- Trainers/shin pads and appropriate clothing must be worn during the tournament to comply with Health and Safety.
- Two additional substitutes will be allowed and substitution will be on roll on basis for the football. No restrictions on number of times players are substituted.
- Matches will be 5 minutes long. Semis & final will be 10 minutes.
All teams must adhere to any other rules imposed by match officials as seen appropriate on the day.
To enter or for more information contact
Telephone: 07771 791136
Email: rizwanahmed8@aim .com
Telephone: 01922 642442
Or download an application form: PDF 153KB
Pehlwaan Raja Fazal
Kh Anjam Shakeel
and Ch. Mohammed Rasib
The Walsall Mela
11am – 7pm
Fun For All The Family
Includes children’s funfair
Food & Drink
Available all day
At Palfrey Park, Walsall, WS1 4AN
Parking is limited, so if you can, please leave your car at home
More information soon
Follow us on